(1) Over 1 million Chinese citizens live in Africa, with Angola hosting a population of over 350,000 Chinese.
(2) 25% of all languages are spoken in Africa, and more than 2,000 recognized languages are spoken throughout the continent.
(3) Witwatersrand, South Africa is home to almost half of the gold ever mined on Earth.
(4) Equatorial Guinea‘s GDP per capita in 2014 was about $33,000, comparable to Spain.
(5) English is the most widely spoken language on the African continent; 700 million people speak it.
(6) Kantanka Automobile Company (Ghana), Kiira Motor Corporation (Uganda), and Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company (Nigeria) are three African automobile manufacturing companies developing “made in Africa” vehicles.
(7) By 2040 half of the world’s youth will be African.
(8) 200 pyramids are found in Sudan, double the amount in Egypt.
(9) Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf is the world’s first elected Black female president and Africa’s first elected female head of state.
(10) In case you forgot, Africa is the world’s most natural-resources rich continent. Colonialism and neo-colonialism are the only reasons the African continent isn’t ruling the world, although it technically is because the rest of the world would plummet into eternal doom if Africa closed its borders.